BERKELEY'S NEWS • NOVEMBER 18, 2023

Power ranking of my favorite fall drinks

JILLWELLINGTON | CREATIVE COMMONS

OCTOBER 19, 2023

I love a good seasonal drink, and I honestly would argue that fall drinks are better than winter ones. Though this might seem controversial, I just love the feeling of sipping a warm, pumpkin-y drink on a chilly October day. So if you agree, read further for a list of my favorite fall drinks!

Pumpkin Spice Chai
This may be considered a hot take, but I prefer a nice and warm pumpkin spice chai over your run-of-the-mill pumpkin spice latte. Chai is just such a comforting drink to me, and the pumpkin spices make it a perfect addition to a breezy fall morning. I love to get these before class and sip on them to warm me up during morning classes.

Apple Cider
Ever since I was a kid, I have always LOVED apple cider. Whether it’s Martinelli’s sparkling cider at dinner or a nice hot cup of apple cider just to feel a little cozier in the afternoon, it’s a drink that will never fail to bring a smile to my face.

Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate
This one might be a little unconventional, but just trust me: try it. Something about the sweetness of white chocolate pairs so well with pumpkin spices, and it just takes this drink to a whole other level. This one is the perfect sweet treat for a fall night, especially to accompany a movie.

Pumpkin Spice Latte
Of course the tried and true classic fall drink had to be on this list. While I ranked my favorite drinks slightly above, this one is still phenomenal for when you’re in a flavored coffee mood. It’s another perfect beverage to sip on during a long lecture or discussion!

Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino
Last but not least, the frappuccino version of fall. I understand that this is probably not everyone’s cup of tea as it can seem a little alien among the array of other fall pumpkin spice drinks. However, thinking about it more like a milkshake or dessert somehow makes it seem less strange to me. I need to be in a very specific mood to want one, but when I’m looking for the perfect sweet iced fall dessert, I always know exactly what to get.

For non-pumpkin spice lovers, this list may have seemed like a halloween nightmare to you. Optimistically, however, this will hopefully reach the right audience, and someone who loves pumpkin spice just as much as me will dare to try all the drinks on this list. Hopefully this made your fall just a little sweeter and full of spice!

Contact Charlotte Palmer at 

OCTOBER 19, 2023