Valentine’s Day is the time to celebrate love, romance and, of course, sweets! If you are looking for the perfect simple desserts to satisfy your love for sweets, we have some of the perfect recipes for you!
This iconic Valentine’s Day dessert can be pretty expensive if you decide to buy them. So, if you want to save some money, these chocolate-covered strawberries take only 20 minutes to make!
10-ounce package of milk chocolate baking chips
2 pounds of fresh strawberries
- Start by washing the strawberries and then drying them well. Make sure to dry them fully because if the strawberries are just a little bit wet, the chocolate will not stick!
- If desired, add a handful of toppings like crushed nuts or coconut onto their own small plates. Line a sheet pan with parchment or waxed paper.
- Microwave the chocolate for 30-second intervals, removing and stirring at each 30-second interval until the chocolate has fully melted. Stir often to make sure you don’t burn the chocolate!
- Holding a strawberry by the stem, dip it into melted chocolate, lift and twist slightly, letting the excess chocolate fall back into the bowl. At this point, you can dip the strawberry in your desired toppings and then place the strawberry on the parchment paper.
- For a white chocolate drizzled strawberry, dip a fork in the melted white chocolate and drizzle the white chocolate over the dipped strawberries.
- Chill the strawberries until the chocolate sets for about 15 minutes.
- Enjoy the fancy chocolate-covered strawberries that only took you a few minutes to make!
Conversation hearts chocolate bark
If you are missing the elementary school Valentine’s Day classroom parties that weren’t complete without those tiny conversation hearts, this is the perfect dessert for you! Plus, there isn’t any heavy baking since you just have to leave the bark to chill overnight!
4 cups of milk chocolate chips
2 cups of white chocolate chips
2 cups of conversation hearts
½ cup of heart-shaped sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Microwave your chocolate in a heat-safe bowl for 15-20 second intervals, stirring in between.
- Once fully melted, carefully pour melted chocolate onto the center of your baking sheet, then use a rubber spatula to gently smooth out until approximately ¼” thick.
- Pour the white chocolate on top of the milk chocolate in a zigzag pattern. You can take a bamboo skewer and use the tip to swirl the two chocolates together!
- Sprinkle your conversation hearts or sprinkles on top of the chocolate before it begins to harden.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the fridge and chill for at least one hour or, ideally, overnight.
- Remove from the fridge and use the back of a spoon or similar to smash the bark into pieces.
- Dig into your cute chocolate bark or share it with your friends!
Strawberry love notes
If you are looking for something that isn’t your typical chocolate-loaded Valentine’s Day treat, these adorable strawberry love note pastries are sure to be something you will love! If you have a heart for baking, this is something that you are sure to enjoy making, and it only takes 35 minutes to bake.
2 refrigerated pie crusts
Flour for rolling out the dough
½ cup of strawberry jam or any jam you prefer!
¼ cup of granulated sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. On a lightly floured surface, roll out one pie crust.
- Using a paring knife, cut out long diamond shapes, about 4″ on each side[,] and transfer the diamonds to the baking sheet. Repeating until you make about six!
- Fill the center of each diamond with a very small amount of strawberry filling. Fold the corners of the longer side into the center, then fold the remaining corner to meet in the center so that the dough looks like an open envelope. Press down lightly on the dough to seal. Use a small heart cookie cutter to stamp out the remaining dough into very small hearts[,] and place a heart in the center of each.
- Freeze your completed notes for at least 30 minutes so they can set.
- Brush envelopes with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar. Bake until the envelopes are golden[,] for about 15 minutes.
- Let the notes cool for 10 minutes on a baking sheet and then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely!
- Enjoy your lovely little notes!
These recipes are sure to be a hit at any Valentine’s Day celebration with your friends or partners and are simple to make as well! So, what are you waiting for? Start making some of these recipes to get into the Valentine’s Day spirit and dig in!