Whether you’re tasked with bringing snacks or hosting your own Halloween bash, making Halloween treats isn’t all that easy. Yet purchasing a bag of candy from Target seems a little too unoriginal — even for me.
Fear not: Marshmallows are coming to the rescue! Simple to use, easily affordable and deliciously tasty, this gooey confection is the perfect ingredient in any Halloween recipe. Here are the Clog’s effortless marshmallow recipes that you can easily whip up this Halloween.
1. Halloween marshmallow pops: Only the easiest thing to ever exist, these marshmallow pops are fun to make with a few simple ingredients.
- 1 bag of marshmallows
- 1 bag of candy melts
- 1 pack of lollipop sticks (20 count)
- 9 oz. container of Halloween-themed sprinkles
- Heat a bowl of candy melts in the microwave for 15-second intervals until melted. Stir until smooth.
- With your marshmallows already speared by the lollipop sticks, dip your marshmallows into the melted candy. Pro tip: By adding food coloring to your candy melts or purchasing them in different colors, you can create an entire cast of spooky pops!
- Tap off any excess and decorate with sprinkles to your liking. You can also add faces using a piping bag (or melted candy added to a plastic bag with the tip cut off).
- Put dipped marshmallows in the fridge to allow the chocolate to harden and set.
2: Rice Krispies Treats spiders: Don’t worry, these spiders are the type you want to see in your kitchen!
- 6 c. Cocoa Krispies cereal
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 bag of marshmallows
- 1 bag of thin pretzels
- 1 bag of candy eyes
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add in your marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove the pot from the heat, add in Cocoa Krispies, making sure to stir until they are all coated.
- To avoid sticking, coat your hands in some butter or nonstick cooking spray when working with the mixture. Eyeball a good amount of the mixture to scoop out and shape into small balls. Set the balls on parchment paper.
- For each “spider”, break the large arched parts off of two pretzels to create the legs. You can squeeze gently to secure the pretzels in place. To complete the spider look, press two candy eyes into the front of each ball.
- Ta-da! Yummy spider treats that won’t crawl away. Now all that’s left to do is enjoy!
3. Ghost s’mores dip: This cute ghost s’mores dip adds a twist to the typical s’mores-themed treat and is perfect for larger gatherings.
- 1 bag ghost marshmallows
- 2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 c. heavy cream (warmed)
- 1 box of graham crackers (14.4 oz.)
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- In the bottom of a baking dish, spread out chocolate chips and pour cream on top.
- Cover completely with a single layer of marshmallows to form the “ghosts”. Optionally, you can place mini chocolate chips over the layer to form eyes and a mouth.
- Bake until the chocolate has melted and the ghosts are golden, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with graham crackers for dipping!
With these scrumptious yet easy to create treats, you’re guaranteed to have a festive and yummy Halloween party! The Clog hopes you enjoy this curated list of Halloween-inspired marshmallow recipes. Bon appétit!