Garlic fried rice, also known as Sinangag, is a Filipino breakfast staple. For anyone looking for a tasty quick meal to eat in the morning, this recipe is for you. Your taste buds will thank you. Pair it with some sunny side up eggs and Filipino sausages (aka Longganisa) and it will surely get you hyped and energized to conquer the rest of the day.
- 2 cups cooked rice (day-old rice would be best)
- 6 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons of oil
- Pinch of ground pepper
- Heat up your oil in a pan then saute your chopped garlic until lightly browned.
- Take the garlic out of the pan and set aside. Make sure that the oil stays in the pan.
- Add your rice in the pan and break it up to ensure that each grain is generally coated in the garlic-infused oil.
- Add your soy sauce and stir until the rice is uniform in color. Add pepper to your liking.
- Add your fried garlic back into the rice. Feel free to save some to sprinkle on top when serving.
Once you make this easy yet delicious side dish, you’ll surely have it in your breakfast food rotation. It’s hard to resist the temptation of some tasty garlic fried rice. Just make sure to brush your teeth after unless you want your breath to smell like garlic!