BERKELEY'S NEWS • SEPTEMBER 25, 2022

My Egg/Sperm Donor

JULIE ANN RANDALL | COURTESY

MAY 22, 2022

Would you like to easily make $5000-$10,000 this summer by being a Sperm or Egg Donor?

Are you intelligent, creative, healthy, kind, honest, trustworthy, an effective communicator and between the ages of 18-30?

If so, read on!

Don’t worry—you can live in ANY geographic location and be of ANY race, ethnicity, religious background and/or sexual orientation and still do this!

My name is Julie Ann and this is my 5 year old daughter, Evyn. I am a single lesbian mom, we live in Los Angeles, California, and we would both very much like to have a second child in our family. We are looking for an egg donor and a sperm donor (or an embryo donor) to help us create that child.

The process is pretty simple. If we are a good fit, you will get some basic medical testing done, we will sign a legal contract and then you can donate your sperm or eggs. I will pay all of your medical, legal and travel expenses. I’m legally not allowed to pay you for eggs or sperm, but I can compensate you for your time and inconvenience so you will receive $5000 if you donate sperm or $10,000 if you donate eggs. In addition to the compensation, you’ll get an all-expense-paid trip to Los Angeles, California to do the donation, additional knowledge about your own fertility health status and the joy of knowing you helped someone create their family. Sound good? Here are some additional details:

What I’m Looking For:

My ideal donors would have strong academic backgrounds (I graduated from an Ivy League school and had very high standardized test scores), be creative in some way, enjoy generally good health and make healthy lifestyle choices. Because I would like to stay in contact, I value kindness, honesty, trustworthiness and the ability to communicate effectively, especially if challenges arise. Someone who has skills in the performing arts (music, dance, etc.) would be a wonderful bonus. My doctors would prefer my egg and sperm donors to be between the ages of 18-30.

I am open to donors of ANY physical characteristics (they do NOT need to look like me or my daughter!), race, ethnicity, religious background, sexual orientation and/or geographic location.

Open/Known Donation:

My research into the experiences of donor-conceived children has led me to have a strong preference for open/known donation. Especially because my existing daughter knows her sperm donor and his wife and children, I would strongly prefer donors who are willing to be known by the child in some capacity (occasional email/phone contact and/or in-person visits) while the child is growing up.

Please note, I do NOT want the donors to be co-parents or play a parental role. In fact, part of the donation process involves signing a legal document stating that the donors will be donors and NOT parents under California law. California family law is quite favorable for donor conception and thus with a legal contract in place even if a donor is a “family friend” and occasionally sees the child, the donor will not have any financial or parental rights or responsibilities.

My Story:

After three years of unsuccessful fertility treatments with my own eggs and donor sperm, my doctors are confident in my ability to carry a pregnancy but have recommended that I use either a donated embryo or donor eggs and sperm due to diminished ovarian reserve. I have looked for a donated embryo for several years but have not yet matched, so in the fall of 2021 I did two rounds of IVF with donor eggs and donor sperm to create embryos. The vast majority of those embryos were abnormal and the two embryos I transferred didn’t work, so I am now again looking for new donors.

Embryo Donation:

I am still absolutely open to the possibility of embryo donation if I were to match with a family who has leftover embryos from an IVF cycle after completing their own family that would be interested in donating to me. If I were to match, the process of embryo donation is much quicker and less expensive than the process of making embryos with double donors because the embryos already exist. That said, at this point I want to move forward with welcoming my second child as soon as possible so I am also concurrently looking for egg and sperm donors in order to do another round of making my own embryos with double (egg and sperm) donor IVF.

About Me:

​Professionally I work as a personal development (life) coach helping people create their “impossible” dreams. Empowering my clients to create desired results they haven’t been able to accomplish on their own and witnessing the transformations they make in their lives is deeply satisfying work that I’m passionate about and grateful for.

I adore being a mom, dancing, singing, traveling internationally, ​working out (running/swimming/yoga/pilates), hiking, camping out under the stars, eating Saag Paneer and Tom Kha Gai soup, learning new things and being creative in many forms.

I lived in Italy for seven years and speak fluent Italian. I am deeply spiritual and my spiritual practices and community are important to me but I’m not traditionally religious and I honor the diversity of others’ spiritual paths.

The Sperm, Egg and Embryo Donation Processes:

If you’re new to all this, here’s some general information about the process if we decide we’re a good fit and want to move forward:

Sperm Donation:

1. Donor Screening: The screening process includes filling out a questionnaire with information on personal and familial health history, a general physical exam, a psychological screening, blood tests for common sexually transmitted diseases (required by the FDA even though no sexual contact takes place during the process) and genetic disease carrier screening via blood and/or saliva testing.
  2. Sperm Testing: The sperm donor will then go to a local fertility clinic to provide an initial sperm sample to be tested for motility and other factors.
  3. Legal Contract: If the results of the above testing are good, we will both sign a legal contract to establish that the donor is a donor and not a parent under the law and that the donor will have no parental rights or responsibilities (ie. the donor can’t be sued for financial support of the child, the child can’t sue for inheritance rights from the donor’s estate, the donor will not be listed as a parent on the birth certificate, the donor will not have custody or visitation rights, etc.).
  4. Frozen Sample: The sperm donor will then provide a second sperm sample that is frozen as a backup in case the donor is unable to provide a fresh sample on the retrieval day. The donor will be required to obtain a negative covid test 48 hours prior to this donation.
  5. Retrieval Sample: The sperm donor will provide a third sperm sample to be used on the day of the egg retrieval. The donor will be required to obtain a negative covid test 48 hours prior to this donation. Ideally the donor will travel to Los Angeles, California for the day of the egg retrieval so the sample can be used fresh (without freezing), but it is possible to ship a frozen sample.

I will pay all of the donor’s medical, legal and travel expenses. It is unlawful to buy or sell human body parts (including eggs, sperm and embryos), so the donation itself is technically a gift, but it is legal to compensate donors for their time and inconvenience. Thus the sperm donor will be compensated $5000 for his time and inconvenience.

Egg Donation:

2. Fertility Testing: On the second or third day of her next menstrual cycle, the egg donor will then go to a local fertility clinic to have a vaginal ultrasound to count the number of follicles present and to a lab to check fertility hormone levels with a blood test.
  4. Donation Cycle: During the donation cycle, the egg donor will go to a fertility clinic for a vaginal ultrasound and to a lab for hormonal blood tests every 2-3 days from the second day of her menstrual cycle until the egg retrieval (approximately 10-14 days total). She will also give herself injections of fertility medications during this same period of time. The appointments can be done at a local fertility clinic during the first part of the cycle and then a few days prior to the retrieval she will travel to Los Angeles, California and continue to be monitored every 2-3 days until the egg retrieval (on approximately the 14th day of her cycle). The donor will then remain in Los Angeles for 24-48 hours before returning home. The donor will be required to obtain a negative covid test 48 hours prior to the egg retrieval. Egg retrieval is an outpatient procedure that is done under IV anesthesia. The retrieval itself usually takes less than 30 minutes but the egg donor will be in the clinic for about 2-3 hours total including preparation time and recovery time after coming out of anesthesia.

I will pay all of the donor’s medical, legal and travel expenses. It is unlawful to buy or sell human body parts (including eggs, sperm and embryos), so the donation itself is technically a gift, but it is legal to compensate donors for their time and inconvenience. Thus the egg donor will be compensated $10,000 for her time and inconvenience.

Contact Me:

Do you have additional questions? Would you like to be considered for this opportunity? Please contact me through my website at https://mydonors.weebly.com/contact-me.html. I look forward to speaking with you!

Contact Julie Ann Randall at 

MAY 22, 2022