BERKELEY'S NEWS • MARCH 17, 2023

Big Give is March 9th. Support the Daily Californian!

Berkeley clinics offer Pfizer vaccine booster doses

DOD PHOTO BY LISA FERDINANDO | CREATIVE COMMONS

Vaccination clinics in the city of Berkeley that offered Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines will now provide "booster" doses from Pfizer for eligible groups. Photo by Lisa Ferdinando under CC BY-SA 2.0

OCTOBER 04, 2021

Berkeley vaccination clinics will now be offering “booster” doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine for certain groups, according to a city press release Friday.

All clinics that offer the Pfizer vaccine will also offer booster doses, the press release stated. Eligible groups, as designated by federal and state guidelines, include those over the age of 65, those over 50 who have certain medical conditions or face social inequities and 18- to 49-year-olds with medical or living conditions that put them at greater risk. 

“Vaccine appointments remain widely available across the region for first, second and Pfizer booster doses,” the press release stated. 

No vaccinated Berkeley residents have died of COVID-19, according to the press release, and unvaccinated individuals are 8.1 times more likely to get infected with COVID-19 and 17.5 times more likely to die as a result of it. 

A list of clinic dates and locations offering Pfizer “booster” doses can be found on the city of Berkeley’s website. 

Alexandra Feldman is the city news editor. Contact her at [email protected], and follow her on Twitter at @a_p_feldman.

OCTOBER 04, 2021