Do you remember munching on Sour Patch Kids candy at the movie theater or from your Halloween basket after a long night of trick-or-treating? I certainly remember chewing on the soft gummylike texture and savoring the sweet and sour tang as it melted in my mouth as a kid. But let’s face it, candy isn’t the healthiest thing to be snacking on. Fortunately, this TikTok on my “For You” page inspired me to try and emulate the same Sour Patch Kids candy taste without all of the calories and chemicals. This super simple recipe calls for only three ingredients and is quick to make!
- 1 1/2 pound bag green seedless grapes
- 1 packet either strawberry or blue raspberry Jell-O powder
- 1 freshly squeezed lime
- Rinse your grapes, and remove the stems.
- Spray your grapes with a fruit and vegetable wash to adequately remove all dirt and grime from the fruit.
- Place the grapes in a zip-close bag. Squeeze some lime juice, and sprinkle in the flavor of jello powder you prefer. The amount of powder you add depends on your personal preferences, but I would recommend erring on the side of modesty as a little goes a long way.
- Seal the zip-close bag, and massage the grapes with the powder to remove clumps and ensure they are all evenly coated.
- Place the zip-close bag in the freezer for at least 5 hours before serving.
Once the grapes are nice and chilled, you can plate them and enjoy! Unlike when chowing down on Sour Patch Kids, you don’t have to worry about unhealthy ingredients; after all, it’s basically just fruit!