It’s no secret that we at the Clog are big fans of Trader Joe’s, not only for its fun snacks but because it’s a literal goldmine for meal prepping! I personally just recently stumbled upon its large selection of pre-marinated meats that come from a range of different cuisines, making it super easy to keep meal options exciting. But my absolute favorite is its pre-marinated chicken shawarma thighs that are so flavorful and simple to make. Here’s how I use them to meal prep a Mediterranean feast that lasts me the whole week.
- Pre-marinated chicken shawarma thighs
- Jasmine rice (I buy the microwavable kind from the Trader Joe’s frozen food section)
- 1 cucumber
- 1 bell pepper
- greek olives (the Calvestrano brand is my personal favorite here)
- 1 head of lettuce
- Cook the chicken according to the directions on the package.
- Chop your cucumber into fourths, or desired size.
- Slice the olives in half.
- Chop the bell pepper. If you want to take this dish to the next level, you can also roast your pepper in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Cook the rice according to package instructions.
- Once all ingredients are ready assemble your bowl: rice, chicken, toppings. Make sure to drizzle the yummy liquid that’s left from cooking the chicken on top of the bowl for extra flavor!
Once all your toppings are chopped and your chicken is cooked, you can make this into meals for the next few days. My favorite way to repurpose it is to put it all over lettuce as a salad for a lighter lunch option throughout the week. This meal is really balanced, so it will keep you fueled, and it’s super flavorful, which will ensure your meal prep isn’t boring. Get creative with it, and customize with whatever toppings you prefer. Happy prepping!