BERKELEY'S NEWS • SEPTEMBER 23, 2023

Apply to The Daily Californian by September 8th!

Two suspects arrested on suspicion of carrying a loaded, concealed firearm

DANIEL KIM | FILE

According to a Nixle alert sent out by Berkeley Police Department, two suspects — a 30-year-old Berkeley man and a 33-year-old Sacramento man respectively — were arrested on suspicion of carrying a loaded, concealed firearm.

JANUARY 19, 2021

Upon searching a vehicle and discovering a loaded handgun in the backseat, Berkeley Police Department arrested a driver and passenger on suspicion of carrying a loaded, concealed firearm, according to a BPD Nixle alert sent Tuesday.

On Jan. 9 at 12:20 a.m., an officer patrolling the area of Kittredge Street and Fulton Street noticed a vehicle fail to completely stop at several signal lights, the alert stated. After stopping the vehicle and speaking with the driver and passenger, the officer observed a bottle of alcohol, discovered a loaded handgun in the backseat and found that the driver was unlicensed.

The driver and passenger, identified as a 30-year-old Berkeley man and 33-year-old Sacramento man respectively, were arrested on suspicion of possessing a gun, according to the alert. The passenger was further arrested on suspicion of being a felon in possession of a handgun.

Check back for updates.

Maxine Mouly is the university news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @moulymaxine.

JANUARY 19, 2021