Looking for something comforting, filling and delicious? Well, lucky for you, this soup is filled with hearty vegetables, delightful flavors and healthy proteins that will keep you full and warm this winter!
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Butter (to your liking)
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1⁄2 cup celery
- 1⁄2 cup mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup carrots
- 1⁄4 cup potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 2 tablespoons rosemary
- 16-32 ounces chicken broth (homemade recommended)
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Pan-fry the chicken in butter until cooked.
- Mince the garlic and dice the onion and celery. Chop the mushrooms, carrots, potatoes and cauliflower into bite-sized pieces.
- Saute the onion, garlic and celery in butter.
- Add the mushrooms, carrots and cauliflower.
- Sprinkle in the thyme and rosemary. Cook until fragrant.
- Pour in the chicken broth, then add salt and paprika to taste.
- Mix in the potatoes and chicken.
- Let simmer for at least 30 minutes before serving.
And there you have it! Feel free to swap the mushrooms, carrots, potatoes, cauliflower, celery or chicken for your favorite vegetables, meats, beans or lentils. Bring some warmth into your kitchen with this delicious chicken, vegetable medley and herb soup.