When it comes to hosting pasta nights, there’s something special about making your own soft and pillowy gnocchi. From mashing the potatoes to rolling the pieces of dough, the entire process is an experience! Play some music, grab your besties and get to work making this super easy sweet potato gnocchi.
- 2 cups mashed sweet potato
- 1⁄2 to 1 cup flour (whole wheat or regular)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Mix the mashed sweet potato with the flour. Add enough flour so that the mixture is not sticky, but not too much that it’s dry.
- Incorporate the oil and the salt into the dough.
- Divide the dough into smaller, more manageable sections.
- Roll each section of dough into a long rope shape.
- Slice 1-inch sections and roll off the back of a fork to create the traditional gnocchi indentations.
- Bring 8 cups of water to a boil. Salt the water, and add your gnocchi.
- Once the pasta floats to the top, it’s ready. Serve with your favorite sauce and enjoy!