Whenever I know my friends are coming over for dinner, I am always looking for ways to make aesthetically pleasing meals that aren’t super complicated yet taste good. If you are in the same pickle, look no further than this recipe. Trust me, I am no chef, and this easy lettuce wrap tastes absolutely delicious. Plus, this meal is so simple that you can take this recipe and transform it into multiple versions, substituting the chicken or the sauce for any alternatives you’d like.
- 1 piece lettuce (I recommend Boston bibb or romaine hearts)
- 1 chicken breast (uncooked or cooked)
- Olive oil
- Sauce of your choice, such as barbecue, ranch, Sriracha or ketchup (optional)
- Vegetables of your choice (optional)
- Wash the lettuce and pat it dry. Make sure to keep it in the fridge beforehand so that it’s nice and cold.
- If you are using uncooked chicken, in a pan on the stove, cook the chicken with some olive oil until it’s golden brown. If you’re using cooked chicken, heat it up.
- Cut the chicken breast into tiny bite-sized pieces.
- Place the chicken on top of the piece of lettuce.
- Top with your preferred sauce and vegetables, and voila! You’ve just made yourself an aesthetically pleasing, must-get-in-my-tummy lettuce chicken wrap.
I like this recipe so much because it’s easy and fast, but it still looks like you tried. Remember, you can substitute the chicken for anything — tofu, egg salad, potato salad, turkey or ground beef — and it will still taste delicious. You can also get creative with other toppings — I added bell peppers, tomatoes and olives to mine. What a way to impress your friends the next time they swing by for a meal. I hope you enjoy!