Even though being stuck at home isn’t an ideal way to spend summer, there are definitely some perks to having extra time in the house. One of the most popular pastimes many have taken to is cooking and trying new recipes. So, with the extra time, here is the perfect light dish anyone can make to channel summer from home. It’s based around refreshing Greek-inspired flavors, but can be modified in any way you like. Here’s how to put it all together!
- 1 box pasta of your choice (we recommend shorter noodles)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup olives
- ½ cup red peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- ¼ cup feta
- Lemon juice
- Start by boiling a pot of water for your pasta — don’t forget to add salt to your water!
- Cook your pasta according to the box’s instructions or until al dente.
- Once the pasta is done cooking, save a cup of the pasta water to add in later. Then, drain your pasta.
- Add the olive oil to your pan and saute the garlic for 1 minute.
- Cook the red peppers in the oil until softened.
- Add the cooked pasta in your pan, along with the pasta water.
- Stir in the olives, capers and feta.
- Finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and enjoy!
This Greek-inspired pasta is the perfect summer recipe. It’s so simple, but bursting with fresh flavors. We hope this helps brighten up your day during the warm season!