We know, we know. Looking at the title, most of you might skip right past this recipe. But we assure you that this delicious soup is going to change your mind about broccoli. This soup recipe is vegan-friendly, takes little effort to make and can keep your hunger at bay!
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup milk (for a vegan alternative, 1 potato, mashed)
- 1 ½ cups water (or vegetable broth)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt some butter in a wok, and add the chopped onions and garlic. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli florets. Saute the contents for 2 minutes.
- Add ½ a cup of water to the wok and let the vegetables cook for 10 minutes until the broccoli is tender.
- Transfer the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back to the wok and add the remaining water and the milk.
- Add some salt and pepper for flavor and allow the soup to simmer for a few minutes. Et voila!
So what are you waiting for? Treat yourself to a hot, steaming bowl of broccoli soup!