Easter just passed, and if you celebrated it, chances are you probably have tons of leftover desserts! If you’re looking to indulge in some delicious treats but want a healthier option, look no further: Here’s a fantastic, nourishing blondie recipe! It’s vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar-free, and it’s also packed full of protein, fiber and the most amazing carrot cake flavor. So, next time you’re in the mood for something sweet and healthy, try making these scrumptious blondies.
- 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons almond butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup carrots, grated
- ½ cup of your favorite nuts, chopped (walnuts, pecans and almonds are great options!)
- ⅛ cup dried cherries or cranberries (we recommend unsweetened)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of sea salt
- A small dash of cardamom and nutmeg to taste
- ½ teaspoon orange extract or ½ tablespoon orange zest (optional, but recommended!)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add your chickpeas, oats, coconut oil, almond butter, maple syrup, spices, vanilla, orange flavoring and sea salt in a blender.
- Blend on high until your batter is super smooth.
- Pour the batter into a greased pan and mix in your nuts, grated carrots and dried fruit.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until your blondies are cooked through.
- Dig in!
For a true taste of Easter, these blondies take the cake! They have the perfect notes of cozy spices and warm vanilla, as well as a deliciously fudgy texture — all of which make you feel like you’re actually eating carrot cake!