Now that quarantine has turned so many of us into rising bakers and chefs, here is one of our absolute favorite blueberry muffin recipes! These muffins are moist, light, semisweet and perfectly balanced with tangy, fresh blueberries. The best part — they’re generously topped with a buttery, cinnamon-y and crunchy streusel crumble.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 large eggs (or 3 small eggs)
- 1 cup of cane sugar
- ½ cup of olive oil (any vegetable oil works)
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt (secret ingredient!)
- 2 1⁄3 cups of fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup of cane sugar
- 1 stick of salted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Whisk together the flour, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add the melted butter and stir with a fork until the mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until combined. Whisk in the yogurt, oil and vanilla extract. The mixture should be pale and yellow.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix them together. The mixture should have a moist and sticky consistency.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle one cup of blueberries with one to two tablespoons of flour until all the blueberries are lightly coated. Gently fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Line a muffin pan with muffin tins, and fill each cup about 2⁄3 of the way full. Cover the batter in each cup with blueberries, then generously cover the top with streusel mixture.
- Place the muffins in the oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the muffins cool for five minutes in the pan, then remove and place them on a wire rack to continue cooling. Serve the muffins while they’re fresh, or enjoy them with a cup of coffee or tea for breakfast!
Crumbly, warm and dangerously addictive, these wonderful blueberry muffins have brought us tremendous comfort and joy, and we hope they do the same for you!