One of the best parts of Valentine’s Day is the plethora of treats that are shared! But for those looking to live a healthier lifestyle, the avalanche of chocolate and candies can be hard to resist. Here are two super simple recipes to make for Valentine’s Day that will still satisfy your sweet tooth and help you stay on track health-wise!
Homemade Valentine’s Gummies
- 1.6 ounces of strawberry or raspberry Jell-O mix
- 3 envelopes of unflavored gelatin mix
- ½ cup of water
- Gummy molds in whatever shape you want (can be bought from Amazon or any craft store)
- Pour all ingredients into a saucepan and mix to form a dough-like mixture.
- Put the mixture on medium heat until melted.
- Once melted, pour the mixture carefully into the gummy molds.
- Place the mold into the refrigerator or freezer until the gummies are hardened.
- Pop them out of the mold and enjoy!
Pomegranate Love Cups
- 1 bag of the chocolate of your preference
- Pomegranate seeds
- Cupcake liners
- Place cupcake liners on a plate or baking sheet.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in intervals of 30 seconds until it is completely smooth.
- Fill the cupcake liner about 1 centimeter up with the melted chocolate (enough to thoroughly cover the bottom).
- Place 2 tablespoons of pomegranate seeds in the liner on top of the chocolate.
- You can choose to drizzle more chocolate on top, but if you want the treat to be red for Valentine’s Day, you may choose to leave the pomegranate seeds exposed.
- Cool in the refrigerator for at least an hour or until the chocolate has hardened and enjoy!
These healthy sweets are simple to make and will be a great replacement for all the Valentine’s Day junk that can be hard to resist!