BERKELEY'S NEWS • FEBRUARY 02, 2023

Ring in the New Year with our 2023 New Year's Special Issue!

Why CA is the supreme state

FLICKR | CREATIVE COMMONS

DECEMBER 06, 2019

California has got it going on! The state is probably strong enough to sustain itself considering all of the attributes it has. Really, California can be considered a power flex on this entire country. 

Dare to disagree? That’s totally fine — you’re entitled to your beliefs. We at the Daily Clog love perspective. We also love California, however, and therefore must declare all of the reasons why it is an amazing state. 

Please find a sexy list below highlighting some key points that make California such a poppin’ state (get the pun …“poppin’ ”… because … poppies are the state flower)!

Reasons the Golden State is above a gold standard:

• The fifth-largest economy in the world
  • A capital for technological innovation (*cough cough* Silicon Valley. … It’s a love-hate thing with that place)
  • Diverse terrains and landscapes (mountains, deserts, beaches, forests, grasslands – California has got it all!)
  • Let’s talk about biodiversity and natural resources because California has both of these things
  • Endless outdoor activities (surfing, skating, biking, kayaking, canoeing, skiing, snowboarding, backpacking, rock climbing, skinny dipping, etc) 
  • A national park haven — California has more (nine) national parks than any other state (Yosemite, Point Reyes, Joshua Tree, Kings Canyon, Redwood, etc)
  • Huge art scene (particularly in the Bay Area and Los Angeles)
  • Laidback vibes (especially on the coast)
  • Largest agricultural state (thank you farmers, fieldworkers and agricultural producers for all you do)
  • The California avocado
  • Hella good wine (shoutout to Napa)
  • Hot springs
  • Excellent herbs (shoutout to NorCal)
  • Weather extremes are a rarity 
  • Gorgeous sunsets!
  • Almost always a viewpoint because California is curvy and hilly (aka California is a snack) 
  • Drive 20 to 50 miles in any direction in California and odds are that you will feel like you are in a new world
  • Four NBA teams (… let’s talk about choice — the state has the Clippers, Lakers, Warriors and Kings)
  • As of September 2019, according to the World Population Review, California ranks as the most diverse state in the United States
  • One word that revolutionized communication: “Hella” (shoutout to the Bay)

The list shall stop here, but know this does not cover all of the amazingness that California possesses. 

Of course, California is not perfect because nothing and no one is. But if this state were a resume, those job offers would be out the door! Hopefully, by reading through this list, you can see the mouth-watering appeal of California!

Come visit and let’s chill out. 

Contact Gina Wright [email protected].

DECEMBER 06, 2019