About three weeks ago, I woke up on a stunning Sunday morning to rays of sunshine pouring through my window and into my bedroom. Soon after waking up, I had a cup of lemon, ginger and honey tea. I was so pleased by the soothing bursts of flavor in those morning moments that I wrote a song expressing my love for the drink. Lemon, ginger and honey tea is one of the more simple things of life, but there is something special about the mix of these three ingredients. Together they form the ultimate remedy. This tea has so many beneficial properties, you wouldn’t believe. So I shall tell you the good it does and give you the recipe!
Benefits of lemon, ginger and honey tea:
- Soothes and relieves cold and flu symptoms
- Helps with digestives issues (and keeps metabolism fired up)
- Strengthens immune system
- Excellent for skin
- Freshens breath
- Relieves menstrual cramps
- Smells goooood!
- Naturally calming and relaxing
- Is there to warm you when no one else is (it’s cuffing season, so if you need something to keep you warm and comforted, this tea may be a good filler)
- Counters nausea
- Easy to make and easy to buy
Now that you know the beneficial properties, below you can find the recipe.
Lemon, ginger and honey tea is probably one of the simplest things you can make. It requires three ingredients plus water.
- Cut 1 lemon into thin circular slices.
- Cut a 2-inch piece of ginger root into thin slices
- Pour 4 cups of water into pot
- Take out your strainer
Let water come to a boil, then remove the pot from the heat source. Put lemon and ginger slices into the hot water and let it steep for twenty minutes. Strain the tea into container. Pour tea into a mug. Add honey.
And if you don’t feel like making the tea step by step, there are always great pre-made tea options you can grab from the store. I would recommend Pukka’s lemon, ginger and honey tea.
Alright, Golden Bears and other blog readers, hopefully this lemon, ginger and honey tea brings you as much joy as it does for me.