It’s the Fourth of July and you may or may not want to get lit. We at the Clog believe you can have a grand ol’ time with some virgin drinks in your hand and our Fourth of July playlist bumpin’ some Bluetooth speakers. Enjoy any of these cooling Fourth of July virgin cocktails with your lunch or dinner. You definitely won’t regret taking 10 minutes out of your busy schedule to make them, and your guests will be begging you for the recipes. (Add some booze 21+ pals, if you please.)
Strawberry lemonade soda
- 12 medium-sized strawberries
- 12 ounces of club soda
- 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a blender, shred the strawberries for 30 seconds.
- Stop the blender, squeeze in the lemon juice from your two lemons and add the brown sugar.
- Blend for 30 more seconds, or until the mixture’s texture is closer to that of juice.
- Add the club soda and stir the soda and strawberry mixture until well mixed.
- Add a couple of ice cubes to two glasses and serve the drink chilled.
Red, white and blue fruit blend
- 8 small strawberries
- 8 pineapple juice ice cubes (preparation explained below)
- 4 ounces blueberries
- 6 ounces club soda
- A couple leaves of mint
- Pour store-bought pineapple juice into an ice tray and freeze for a couple of hours to create pineapple juice ice cubes.
- In the meantime, chop the strawberries into small cubes and divide into your two cups.
- Pour two ounces of club soda into each glass over the strawberries.
- Once your ice cubes are ready, place them on top of your strawberries in each cup.
- Put your blueberries in a bowl and mash them up a bit.
- Add the slightly mashed blueberries to each glass, then pour another ounce or so of soda in each glass.
- Top each drink off with a bit of mint.
- 1 pear
- 1 apple
- 1 orange
- 1 peach
- 8 ounces blueberries
- 16 ounces ginger ale
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ lemon
- 4 ounces water
- Chop up the pear, apple and peach into small chunks. Peel the orange and chop it up into small chunks as well.
- Put all the chopped fruit and blueberries into a large pitcher.
- Pour in the ginger ale, squeeze the half lemon and add the honey.
- Stir gently for 30 seconds. Pour the water into the pitcher and stir a little more.
- Drop a couple of ice cubes in four glasses and pour this delicious drink on the rocks.
If you’d like to add alcohol to any of these drinks, you’re more than welcome to, but these drinks will be unforgettable even without any.
Stay cool, stay hydrated and most importantly stay safe today! Happy Independence Day!