Think food doesn’t get any more convenient than pizza? Well, think again. These pizza biscuits are not only fast and easy to make, they are also perfect to eat on the go, like tiny calzones. So try this recipe for 16 biscuits and be ready to sink your teeth into a new take on a classic treat, oozing with melted mozzarella and warm marinara.
What you’ll need:
1 can buttermilk biscuits (16 ounce tube of 8)
Small mozzarella balls
2 tablespoons melted butter
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons dried basil
2 teaspoons dried oregano
parmesan cheese to taste
salt and pepper to taste
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut one piece of biscuit dough in half, then flatten each half into a circle.
- Add a small spoonful of marinara sauce to the center of your dough, and top with one small mozzarella ball.
- Fold the sides of the dough over and press to make a round shape.
- Repeat for other biscuits.
- Place the biscuits on a baking sheet with greased parchment paper.
- Mix the garlic powder, dried basil, dried oregano, parmesan, salt and pepper together.
- Brush melted butter on the biscuits.
- Sprinkle seasoning mix on top of each biscuit.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with heated marinara sauce.