From the most elementary of times, peanut butter has always been the best option in forms of to-go sandwiches, bite-sized snacks and, best of all, with a spoon straight out of the jar. But it doesn’t just stop there. We at the Clog have put together a scrumptious and beyond nutty recipe to satiate your palates that’ll remind you of your childhood.
What you’ll need:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar (if you don’t have any, white sugar works just fine too)
1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
What you’ll do:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cream together the sugars, butter and peanut butter until fluffy in a medium-sized bowl.
3. Crack in the egg and add the vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Then slowly mix the dry ingredients into the medium bowl and mix until combined.
6. Form little one-inch balls of dough and place on a baking sheet or slightly oiled pan. You can fork the dough both vertically and horizontally to create tic tac imprints.
7. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.