While finals officially arrive this week, why not make the most of your overwhelming procrastination with a cookie break? These chocolatey morsels of holiday goodness combine a little spice with a whole lot of nice to power you through end-of-semester crunch time.
- 1 & 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 & 1/2 sticks of butter
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 crushed candy canes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Set aside a nongreased cookie sheet.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, peppermint and sugar. Beat in the egg.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and candy canes.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto the cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.