As summer comes to a close, the back-to-school jitters seem to be creeping in on all of us. Whether you’ll be coming to UC Berkeley for the very first time or for your last semester, we at The Daily Clog have some tips and secrets to get you into full fall swing.
1) Memorize this map:
2) And this map:
3) Also, download this app:
Get ready for a love-hate relationship with the 51B.
4) And this one.
5) And this app too.
6) Consider adding the Argentinian tango DeCal to your course load
7) Or the lightshow gloving DeCal.
8) Check if your classes are webcasted
Finally! Some time to sleep.
9) And get a free massage at Caltopia.
10) While you’re there, hoard free backpacks and school supplies.
11) Bonus: get your hair cut for free too!
12) Get initiated to pong
13) By playing Kombucha pong with the Berkeley Student Food Collective at Calapalooza.
(Because practice makes perfect.)
14) Save money during welcome week by snagging food from the frats.
Free barbecue? Sure … We’re obviously here to pledge…
15) And bring your own coffee mug to FSM.
Or to other cafes around campus, where you could get 10 to 15 cents off each time. Three of those price breaks will earn you a splash of vanilla Torani syrup in your latte!
16) Get your $10 RSF membership early
17) And when you go, make sure your gym shorts have zippered pockets.
That little laminated locker-combo slip has a way of getting lost.
18) Cool off in Spieker Pool
And, if you are lucky, say hi to Nathan Adrian on the way.
19) Or take in the views of the Campanile from Hearst Pool.
20) Set a screenshot of your schedule as your lock screen.
Save yourself the trouble of logging on to AirBears and Tele-BEARS every time you want to double check that you have the right times and rooms for all of your classes.
21) Get intimate with by-appointment tutoring on the SLC website
Because good luck finding space in group tutoring.
22) Freshmen: Prepare yourselves for co-ed bathrooms
Perfect ice-breaker conversation topics include toothpaste brands and deodorant.
23) Or strategically place candy near your dorm room door.
Besties come like moths to a light bulb.
24) To accessorize your walls, use 3M velcro strips.
25) Or massive amounts of pushpins.
There’s strength in numbers.
26) Get a free smoothie
When you buy one at Jamba Juice using your Cal 1 debit card.
27) And stock up on free posters
Also with your Cal 1 Card purchases at Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive.
28) Soak in the views from the top of Indian Rock Park
29) And from the the Big “C”
30) And from the the observation deck at the Campanile
Because finals will be here before you know it!
Image sources: Incase, Theimpulsivebuy, Jason Tester, Amanda28192, Lululemon Athletica, Twicepix, MaxVT, Nicholasjon, Hydropeek, Command Brands, Wallyg, D.H.Parks, Wayne Hsieh, under Creative Commons and Eric Craypo, J. Hannah Lee, Uday Mehta, Robert Yang, Sarah Branoff courtesy